We had fantastic 1st & 2nd MIND-BODY STRATEGIES FOR HYPERMOBILITY AND CHRONIC PAIN classes!
Thank you to everyone who came out! A follow-up email including information shared in the both classes will be sent soon. Promise.
Our 3rd class will focus on the mindfulness for hypermobility study that was conducted at NIH a few years ago, John Kabat-Zinn’s Mindfulness program, and will include a 30 mins restorative yoga practice.
All levels welcome!
This series of 4 classes are being held at The Mindfulness Center in Bethesda, MD.
Classes begin at 1:30pm.
Address for The Mindfulness Center:
4963 Elm St., Suite 100. Bethesda, MD 20814 (Above the Wells Fargo Bank)
We have several people registered, which is great! If you are already registered or are interested in joining us tomorrow or for our final class in this series on December 2nd, here are a few suggestions to help ensure your safety and comfort:
– If you have a yoga mat, you are welcome to bring it. However, The Mindfulness Center has plenty. I often recommend using two mats for more cushioning.
– Wear comfortable clothing. Even though it’s cooler outside, it can get warmer in the studio from the sun coming in the windows. Layers are best.
– The Mindfulness Center has props and blankets, but if you are more sensitive, you may want to bring your own blanket for our restorative yoga practice.
– Hydrate prior to coming and eat light meal. There’s nothing worse than feeling too full, sick or having a GI reaction to something you are, right in the middle of something you really wanted to do. Or, if you are moving around a bit more than normal.
– There are plenty of great places that offer healthy, sensitive diet friendly options to grab a snack or lunch afterwards (or before).
– There is a parking garage on the opposite side of the street as The Mindfulness Center. There’s also street parking and The Library parking lot off of Arlington Age usually has plenty of parking. Parking at the Library does require a 1-2 block short walk.
For those who could not join us any of the 4 mind-body classes, we are discussing additional days and times to offer both classes and support small group meetings once this initial series of classes is over. Our smaller support group-type classes would be based on the same mind-body principles, but would be held weekly for a certain number of weeks and would include education, support group discussion, gentle movement and mindfulness practices – both virtually and in person.
Click the link below to read details on how to register, or click on the workshops/events tab on our Facebook page.
Go to www.edswellness.org/index.php/learn-with-eds-wellness/ to register for our class on Friday, or future classes.
You can also download the EDS Wellness App by clicking on this link – appsto.re/us/N7zbfb.i (it’s free!) or search EDS Wellness in the iTunes App store.
Also available on Google Play!
The link below includes additional details on EDS Wellness upcoming events and important announcements!
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Additionally, the EDS Wellness HelpLine is Live!
You can make HelpLine Appointments through the EDS Wellness App or go to – edswellness.org/index.php/make-an-appointment/
To read our post from today, go to EDSWellness.org/index.php/2016/11/18/our-3rd-mind-body-strategies-for-hypermobility-and-chronic-pain-class-is-friday-november-18th-at-130pm/
We look forward to seeing those who are joining us tomorrow!